He was born in Erzurum in 1968. He completed
his undergraduate studies in the Department of Physics at the Faculty of
Science and Letters at Atatürk University in 1989. He completed his master's
degree in 1992 and his doctorate in 1996 at the Atatürk University Institute of
Natural Sciences, Department of Atomic and Molecular Physics. He became a
research assistant at Atatürk University, Faculty of Science, Department of
Physics in 1990, assistant professor in 1997 and associate professor in 2000.
On 23.01.2006, he became a professor in the Department of Atomic and Molecular Physics.
Between 2008 and 2010, he worked as
the Vice Rector of Ağrı İbrahim Çeçen University and Founding Dean of the
Faculty of Science and Letters. In the same years, he was a member of
Ağrı İbrahim Çeçen University Interuniversity Board (ÜAK). Between 2011 and
2012, he served as the Vice Rector of Erzurum Technical University and
Interuniversity Board (ÜAK) Member. He served as the Vice Dean of Atatürk
University Faculty of Science between 04.10.2016-21.01.2017. He worked as the
Erzurum Provincial Representative of Tübitak 4006 Science Fairs in 2016-2017.
On 21.01.2017, he was appointed as
the Rector of Ağrı İbrahim Çeçen University by our President Recep Tayyip
ERDOĞAN’s authorization, pursuant to the Higher Education Act no. 130 and the
2547 of the Constitution of the Republic of Turkey. He speaks English and is
married and has 3 children.
- He received the award for highest number of
international publications in the field of science, given by the Atatürk
University for the first time. (Atatürk University, 2000).
- He took part in TÜBİTAK projects as coordinator
- He has worked as a coordinator/researcher in many
University Scientific Research Projects (BAP).
- He was a member of Science, Advisory and
Organizing Committee in national/international symposiums.
- He is a referee in national journals and journals
covered by SCI.
- Books: Quantum Physics I and Quantum Physics
II, Nuclear Science and Technology (Chapter in the international book).
- Around 150 scientific studies of his have been
- More than 70 articles of his have been published
in journals covered by SCI.
- All of these articles received the TÜBİTAK -
Incentive Premium Award.
- He has more than 50 papers presented at domestic
and international symposiums.
- More than 1000 references have been made to his
- h-index value: 20 (Google Scholar), 22 (Web of